A plat map, dated "16th Day of November 1752" and signed "Hr Yonge & Ellis Surveyors," shows that the original 250 acres of Brampton were then part of a 500-acre Savannah River tract called "Redfoord" or Redford belonging to David Graham.
The home set empty for many years until it was purchased in 1962 by Ernest Walker who painted and remodeled the home.
The roof of the old kitchen and dining room had fallen in, with only the 16-18 walls standing, and was demolished.
by 1738 Thomas Causton had settled on his plantation called Ockstead on St Augustine Creek.
Thomas became the "keeper at the stores" of the new colony and was responsible for all the supplies and stores of the colony.
Very little is known of David Graham save that he was brother to one of the most prominent figures in the Colony and in 1752 was also granted 500 acres on the west end of Argyle Island.
Is a Greek Revival mansion in Roswell, Georgia built in 1839.
According to the 1850 Slave Schedules , Martha Stewart Elliott Bulloch, by then widowed a second time, owned 31 enslaved African-Americans.
They mostly labored on cotton and crop production, but some would also have worked in Bulloch Hall on cooking and domestic tasks to support the family.
It is also where she married Theodore Roosevelt's father, Theodore Roosevelt, Sr.