Some of the clients are just keeping the virus definitions that were part of the install (13th Feb 2004) but some seem to have picked up an update but then stopped picking any further ones up.
As I said, most clients are fine but a few are having trhese problems. It's very frustrating as you can imagine as the Symantec site doesn't appear to be very useful for this problem.
(Please see attached screenshot) I just find it strange that not all my workstations are affected.
Good day Experts I am currently running Symantec Endpoint Protection v11.0.4202. I have noticed the last couples of days that my Virus Definition Distribution is not actually distribution any updates. 123 14 I have managed to find this atricle online and have been able to test all that is suggested and I am still not having any luck. Make sure that the perimeter firewall has exceptions for the websites above 3.
I have made no changed to any internet/firewall settings. 053" As per my screenshot, my console is showing the following: 2010-01-11 rev. As per above mentioned link, I have done the test with the below results: b. Run a packet capture and contact support for analysis Check Connectivity between SEP & SEPM: PASSED - 1.
The failing clients are a mixture of XP, 2000, NT and are all on different hardware so I can find no similarities there.
They are all picking up their policies from the server and are displaying our customised message that pops up when the virus definitions get out of date so it's strange that they don't see there is a virus update too.
Hi all, We are upgrading from NAV 7.6 to Symantec Anti Virus (SAV) 9.0 here at work.
I have been rolling the new clients out from our brand new server (using NT client install), running SAV 9.0.
We're still with version 8.1 so config options might be different, but try this... When you've got your AV Server selected, right-click, choose All Tasks then choose Live Update then choose Configure.
Especially with Symantec it's always best to explore the menus and options because they sure know how to hide the good stuff away.
It is our only SAV server and therefore is running as a Primary server.
Now, we are rolling out to XP SP1a machines, NT SP6a machines, 2000 machines - servers, workstations the lot.
I'm having an issue with some of my SEP clients not updating A/V definitions from the SEPM server.